1 someone who buys large quantities of goods and resells to merchants rather than to the ultimate customers [syn: jobber, wholesaler]
2 the performer in the middle of a minstrel line who engages the others in talk [syn: interlocutor]
3 a person who is in a position to give you special assistance; "he used his business contacts to get an introduction to the governor" [syn: contact]
Middle man or middleman may mean:
- An employee - typically a salesperson - who acts on behalf of a company when dealing with customers
- Middleman node, a node in anonymity networks such as Tor or Mixmaster that only forwards messages to other anonymizing nodes and never lets messages exit the network
- Man-in-the-middle attack, a type of attack in cryptography
- The Middle Man is a comic published by the notable independent publisher, Viper Comics.
- Middle Men, a racial group of characters from J. R. R. Tolkien's fictional universe.
agent, arbitrator, broker, chandler, connection, contact, dealer, deputy, distributor, entrepreneur, front, front man, go-between, importer, interagent, interceder, intercessor, intermediary, intermediate, intermediate agent, intermediator, intermedium, internuncio, interpleader, intervener, interventionist, interventor, jobber, liaison, link, marketer, mediary, mediator, medium, merchandiser, merchant, monger, mouthpiece, negotiant, negotiator, negotiatress, negotiatrix, ombudsman, regrater, retail dealer, retail merchant, retailer, shopkeeper, spokesman, spokeswoman, storekeeper, tie, trader, tradesman, tradeswoman, trafficker, wholesaler